Every hair on my head hurts. My entire body is achy. I'm freezing cold and sweating at the same time.
The kids are at their grandparents' and I had big plans to get a lot of stuff done while I was here alone for two days. Instead, I'm sitting around in pajamas, coughing, and doing a lot of pathetic moaning.
I managed to get the ornaments off the tree, but then I had to lie down. Next I'm going to take down the lights and, afterward, I'll take an hour-long nap.
Last night I saw Django Unchained and it is about an hour longer than it needs to be.
Things you should not attempt to do while sick:
- Figure out people and why they do the things they do. You can't figure it out sober, much less drugged up on Nyquil.
- Figure out yourself and why you do the things you do. You can't figure it out sober, much less drugged up on Nyquil.
- Watch movies that make you cry. You will cry more than usual because your head is full of crap.
- Take down the Christmas tree. You will fail. Then the Christmas tree will taunt you all day while you lie on the sofa doing this:
- Put whiskey in your hot tea.
OK, I tried. This is all I can muster up today.