Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday's Random Thoughts - Fuzzy Head Edition

I'm sick.

Every hair on my head hurts. My entire body is achy. I'm freezing cold and sweating at the same time.

Good times.

The kids are at their grandparents' and I had big plans to get a lot of stuff done while I was here alone for two days. Instead, I'm sitting around in pajamas, coughing, and doing a lot of pathetic moaning.

I managed to get the ornaments off the tree, but then I had to lie down. Next I'm going to take down the lights and, afterward, I'll take an hour-long nap.

--

Last night I saw Django Unchained and it is about an hour longer than it needs to be.

--
Things you should not attempt to do while sick:

  • Figure out people and why they do the things they do. You can't figure it out sober, much less drugged up on Nyquil. 
  • Figure out yourself and why you do the things you do. You can't figure it out sober, much less drugged up on Nyquil.
  • Watch movies that make you cry. You will cry more than usual because your head is full of crap. 
  • Take down the Christmas tree. You will fail. Then the Christmas tree will taunt you all day while you lie on the sofa doing this: 
Things you should do:

  • Put whiskey in your hot tea.


OK, I tried. This is all I can muster up today.

Happy Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Our tree is staying up until after the BCS Championship game. I like looking at the lights.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.