Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Delusions of Sand and Surf

This is me.
OK, it's not, but we're pretending it is.

I have a serious case of seasonal affective disorder (SAD). When the season is over, we can just go back to calling it regular old depression, but for now...

The weather here is horrible. I'm starting to believe the sun will never come out again. Ever. EVER EVER EVER.

So I'm pretending I'm somewhere else.

I'm here:

Earlier today, I was here:
In fact, this is where I was when Ryan Gosling said the most romantic thing to me. He said "If you're a bird, I'm a bird." Isn't that just the sweetest thing you've ever heard?

It was really difficult to give him the bad news that we can't be together. The poor guy even took his shirt off in an attempt to change my mind.

Of course, I let him down ever so gently. Everyone knows my boyfriend here with me at the beach is this guy:
He took me out on his boat earlier.

Then we built this sand castle:

I'm going to shower and change into a sundress before we sit by the pool and watch the sunset.
Because I am here.
Yes, I really am.

13 comments:

  1. Since you don't want Ryan, I'll take him. No problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Come join us at the beach. Ryan is very lonely watching me make out with George.

      Delete
    2. Since we're pretending, I'll go fetch the tiny bikini that will look absolutely amazing on me and catch the next flight.

      Delete
  2. I'd take George Clooney too! Ryan doesn't do anything for me. Is that unAmerican?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Ryan's beautiful to look at, but my No. 1 is George. My No. 2 is Louis C.K. : )

      Delete
  3. Scott and I will join you as your goofy sidekick comic-relief friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you've noticed me, but I'm the svelte woman in the beach house with the huge glass window, wine in hand, nibbling on oysters, watching you and George while Brad Pitt fixes dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh out loud. I love this image! Brad is excellent at making dinner. George is better at making the cocktails.

      Delete
  5. Suddenly the sound of gunfire and screams rips through the salty sea air. Before you know it, George has yanked you off the hammock, sending your raspberry margarita flying. Thugs with uzis are swarming around the beach house. Brad has taken cover behind the grill, but then, thinking better or it, dives off of the patio just as a bullet tears into the propane tank. He makes his way to you and George taking cover behind a palm tree.

    "Damn, we're in a tight spot!" Brad says.

    "That's my line!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving you a slow clap right now.
      http://25.media.tumblr.com/f722aa9493a1532be5479525848e9bc1/tumblr_mgdvq36ocb1qcosbdo1_400.gif

      Delete
  6. I'm posting mine to FB. I'll keep you updated. You snagged some good pics for this, I have to say. That kitty pic is my screensaver. How Purrrfect.

    I love this. I laughed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make the Ryan G. pic your screensaver. It's much more cheerful. : )

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.