Thursday, August 16, 2012

Torturing My Son the Angela Chase Way

Lately, I've made a habit of watching reruns of My So-Called Life on the Sundance channel. It comes on weeknights at 6.

Jacob can't handle it. He begs me to change the channel and, like the evil mother I am, I absolutely refuse. As we watch, one of us regularly yells out this phrase:

"Ack! Secondhand embarrassment!"

Like when Angela thought Jordan was singing a song about her - I call her Red -- but he was actually singing about his car. Ouch.

And as I watch I wonder...how old is too old to think Jordan Catalano is completely hot?

In addition to torturing my son with the awkwardness of Angela Chase's love life, I've realized that I now completely relate to the parents in the show.

No matter how old I feel, I will not change the channel.

So the lesson here is that middle age is only tolerable if you use your power to torment the young.



2 comments:

  1. ...that crushing moment when you realize the boy you crush on so hard CANNOT READ. Oh, Angela...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the amazing power of the hot bad boy: He can't read, can barely put together a sentence, has sex with her best friend...Fills her thoughts and dreams every moment of every day. Oh Angela.
      And poor Brian Krackow.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.