Wednesday, August 22, 2012

More Happiness - 5 Movie Moments I Love

That Thing You Do! has been coming on Starz a lot this month and it got me thinking about movie scenes that make me completely happy. You know, the kind of scenes that you cannot watch without getting a big, goofy grin on your face (and, if you can, perhaps you should check with the Wizard about getting a new heart).

So I thought I'd gather a few of my favorites (in no particular order):

That Thing You Do!
"We're on the radio!"
(Sorry about the poor quality video. It's all I could find.)
Hairspray
"And I'm Tracy!"
(Here's the rest of my favorite part. The quality on this video is crappy but I couldn't find a better version.)


Little Miss Sunshine
Super Freak
(spoiler - But have you seriously not seen this movie?!)
Little Miss Sunshine - Superfreak (ROCAsound Revamp) from Sebastian Morton on Vimeo.


Slumdog Millionaire
End credits (spoiler alert)

The 40-Year-Old Virgin
End credits (spoiler alert)

It's quite possible I just really, really like people getting good news with lots of screaming and/or dancing in a big group (preferably with Steve Carrell).
What movie scenes make you grin like an idiot?


3 comments:

  1. My favorite is the end of Love Actually at the Heathrow arrivals gate when Natalie jumps into David's arms. He jokingly says, "God, you weigh a lot." and she replies, "Shut your face!". Always leaves me grinning like a moron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that. In fact, I pretty much love all their interactions. That part makes me goofily happy. Then I cry during the credits when they show all the real people greeting each other at the airport.

      Delete
    2. Me too!!! It is my #1 favorite movie of all time. I've seen it at least 200 times and it never. gets. old.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.