Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chicks Dig Scars

Today is Harrison Ford's birthday. He's 70 years old.

The scar on his chin is 50 years old. (The result of a car accident when he was 20. Yep, I can do simple math.)

I was reminded of the scene in Working Girl when Melanie Griffith asks Harrison Ford how he got the scar on his chin. He makes up a story at first (bar fight? I can't quite remember) and then admits that it happened when he passed out while a girlfriend was piercing his ear.

Chicks really dig those sensitive scar stories.

My friend Chris always says, "Chicks dig scars...and assholes."

And he's not wrong.

When I was 20, I dated repeatedly hooked up with a guy who was good-looking and had beautiful blue eyes and six-pack abs and had a scar near one eyebrow. I remember one time I asked him how he got the scar and he rolled his eyes and said, "Girls always ask me that."

Well, excuse me, douchebag.

That's what I should have said. Seriously, the guy was not a nice person. Unfortunately, I was still only 20 and still mostly stupid when it came to good looking assholes.

Nearly two decades later, I dated another good looking guy with blue eyes and a scar on his chin. Every once in awhile I would think about asking him how he got it. But I never did. Leave that cliched pillow talk for the next dumb girl.

Anyway, I bet Harrison Ford gets tired of the scar question.

Here's a video of David Letterman checking out one of his scars and Harrison's excellent reaction.


2 comments:

  1. It's the age old cliche. We want the bad boy that turns good because of us. Never works. But yes, chicks dig scars. What was that line from that Keanu football movie? "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory lives forever."

    Seriously... Keanu and football? Anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEVER works. Dammit. I love that you just quoted The Replacements. Then I had to look this up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-7GzYuPP7M&feature=related
      hahaha

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.