So today I'm going to keep it short and simple.
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is not a very good movie. Which is really too bad because the poster is so damn cool.
- I haven't laid out in the sun once this summer. I know it's unhealthy, so I could pretend it's because I'm taking good care of my skin but that would be a lie. I'd like to find a pool where I can hang out and read books and, yes, wear plenty of sunscreen. I'd like to run away to the beach and never come back.
- The other day I found some notes I made when I was first writing my book. I had jotted down something about how it's the dates that get you. The day a person died, the day a person was born, the day something horrible happened that should have clued you in to the next horrible thing that was going to happen. Time goes by but the dates keep coming, again and again. Today would have been my 16th wedding anniversary. Ten days ago marked the sixth anniversary of the day I got divorced. The years keep slipping by, the dates keep coming. You judge yourself based on those dates. Why weren't you a part of a marriage that made it? Why has it been six years since you had a real and lasting relationship? What the hell are you waiting for? What is wrong with you? Who were you then and who are you now? Etc, etc. People really shouldn't do that to themselves.
I really shouldn't do that to myself.
- The kitten's energy level inspires me daily. By "inspires" I actually mean "is bugging the shit out of me."
- For no real reason, here is a photo of Cary Grant with a puppy in his pocket: