Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Tom Hiddleston Post

Yesterday, my friend Shannon revealed to me her current actor obsessions: Michael Fassbender and Tom Hiddleston.
This is Tom Hiddleston. Michael Fassbender is no Tom Hiddleston.

So I confessed that I've seen The Avengers twice and I told everyone that Thor, God of Thunder, is my new superhero crush, but my actual new crush is Loki, the God of Mischief. I love the movie the most when he is on screen. I've decided I do not care what this says about me. I think it actually says more about what a compelling screen presence this guy has and says nothing at all about how I like to make out with bad boys.
"I am Loki of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose. It is the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation."
I decided Vodka Cranberry Clooney needs a little Tom Hiddleston 101 post, because my pretend boyfriend George isn't really doing anything interesting lately. (I really need to get a job. My level of boredom with my life has reached staggering heights.)
Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, and Tom Hiddleston

A quick Google search showed me that Shannon and I are not alone. There are numerous blogs mentioning the actor and a ton of YouTube videos. (Go watch the videos. He is charming as can be.) Watch this one right now:

 At any given moment, there are 20 something new Tweets mentioning the actor or the character of Loki. It's obvious that Tom Hiddleston is having a moment. I hope it lasts a really long time. He's an incredible actor in addition to being totally dreamy. Here's a photo he tweeted of himself last night (I want that T-shirt). You can follow him on Twitter here.



Movies Tom Hiddleston Has Been In:
The Avengers


Thor


War Horse
“All through the film, I noticed that whatever I was feeling, the horses would reflect back to me,” he says. “They sense fear, arrogance, and they can sense a kind of inner peace.”

The Deep Blue Sea (This will be released on DVD July 24)


Midnight in Paris


Here's a Loki-inspired cocktail from this great blog: http://the-more-i-arty.tumblr.com/

"For added authenticity spike your friend's drink with Tobasco. Then when they start sputtering, yell 'Loki'd' at them and run away." 


7 comments:

  1. like this one. in its entirety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I could have made it MUCH longer but I'm beginning to think I should get a life.

      Delete
    2. Before you do, youtube Tom Hiddleston in an interview rapping Will Smith's "Miami" ... it might be the most charming and adorable and sexiest thing you will see this year.

      Delete
    3. That was fantastic! You did not oversell it at all. I think I'm going to have to update the blog post with that video. If I was 12, I'd hang a poster of him in my room and kiss it good night every evening! haha

      Delete
  2. Did you know Michael F is in town shooting a movie? My friend ran into him in Southside last Saturday and said he was very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Do you know what movie? That's interesting. I don't know that I'd really recognize him if I saw him out. Now, if I saw Tom Hiddleston somewhere, I'd likely pass out from excitement.

      Delete
    2. Two minutes of googling and I figured out his girlfriend is starring in the Jackie Robinson movie that's been filming here. I love Google.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.