Thursday, April 19, 2012

You Could Meet Clooney (If You Do, Please Give Him My Number)

If I meet Clooney, I'll totally put him in handcuffs, too.
About a week ago, I wrote this post  about how George Clooney is going to have a reception to raise money for Barack Obama's campaign and I could attend for the low, low price of $40,000. Not one of my loyal readers offered to give me the money.

But now I might get to go for as little as $3.

You could have a chance to go, too (though, if you win and go, you should know that our friendship will probably not survive the horrendous case of envy that will befall me, making me tear my hair out and cry and hate your guts forever and ever until the end of time).  But, hey, it's worth entering.

"You heard it right, dinner with President Obama…at George Clooney's house. Pretty incredible, right?" Julianna Smoot, deputy campaign manager, said in an email she sent to me earlier. OK, me and a million other people.

Incredible doesn't begin to cover it.

I'm going to be quite frank here: The universe owes me this.

You don't actually have to make a donation for the first entry. Go here and go all the way to the bottom of the page to find the teeny, tiny link to the page where you can enter free. Or just give $3, you cheapskate.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a cheapskate. I am also devious. I'm not sure if it worked, but when it took me back to the donation page after entering for free, if you go down to the bottom, in the tiny fine print, it has a link back to the free entry, and if you do it again, it says something like "Hey, you already did this, if you want to do it again, click submit", so I did....over and over and over and over.

    Seeing as how you are a lazy SAHM, for the moment, you could spend your whole day entering this contest. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I was wondering what I was going to do with all my free time today. I'm going to change my half-assin' ways and go whole ass on that entry form!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.