Thursday, February 16, 2012

29-Day TV Challenge: Favorite Miniseries

I can't think of one. I remember watching V as an 11-year-old kid and being shocked - SERIOUSLY SHOCKED! - when the female alien unhinged her freaking jaw to eat a rodent. Eek!
But that's really all I remember about it. (I love that the description for this YouTube video is "the part that freaked me out as a kid." I'm glad I'm not alone in this.)

So this is just going to be a confession piece.

Here are all the acclaimed miniseries I haven't seen:



Lonesome Dove. I did read the book when I was in college. Still, I know my friend Todd is going to be very disappointed in me.





The Thorn Birds. Again, I read the book.





Pride and Prejudice (the one starring Colin Firth). I know. I know. I really do want to see it. At least, I've read the book.


Roots. Borrowed the book from my mom. Um...It's sitting on my bookshelf.

4 comments:

  1. Gasp! No "Pride and Prejudice?" Blasphemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am unashamed to admit that Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite movies. Not just TV miniseries movies either. I mean, in my top 15 for BEST movies. Come on, Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Ricky Shroeder?! What's not to love? And Diane Lane, looking all fresh-faced and beautiful. The book is great, but the movie is epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we might actually have the DVD here somewhere. It was one of my ex-husband's favorites. I'll have to make time to watch it. I've always heard it's excellent, it's just one of those things I missed seeing along the way (kind of like every other miniseries, apparently).

      Delete
  3. Oh totally Pride and Predjudice!

    I also loved IT by Stephen King (it scared the pants off of me!)

    There was also one that sticks in my mind...I'm pretty sure it was a Danielle Steele book made into a mini series about a woman and WWII and a Jewelry dynasty and her bratty kids....I liked that one too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.