Monday, February 13, 2012

29-Day TV Challenge: Favorite Male Character

Detective Elliot Stabler from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Don't make me come over there and handcuff you.
Does anyone even watch the show anymore now that Christopher Meloni is gone?


Stabler's presence isn't just important to network television. It has an impact on silly romantic comedies directed by Garry Marshall. Just look at Runaway Bride.  There's no doubt that is a stupid movie with a ridiculous premise. You know why? Because who the hell would choose Richard Gere over Detective Stabler?

Julia Roberts is such a dumb ass.
Whatever, Richard. You can have her. She's a dumb ass. 
Law enforcement is dirty work, people. So here's a picture of Christopher Meloni taking a shower.
Gratuitous shower pic

The truth is I never had a crush on Stabler only. It's Stabler and Benson together. I had a crush on both of them. I mean, what sort of crazy person wouldn't have a crush on Elliot and Olivia? Now if you'll excuse me, I'm quite certain there's a marathon on USA Network I should be watching. 
"I'm picturing you naked." "It's OK. Everyone does."



Runners Up:
1. Gus and Shawn from Psych 

2. Troy and Abed from Community

3. Vanilla Kitten and Chocolate Bunny from The Story of My Life: The New Mod Squad


4. Sawyer from Lost

5. And this guy...

4 comments:

  1. Ron Effing Swanson.

    I love Ron Swanson. Parks and Rec was a sleeper show for me. I didn't give it a chance until I could stream it on Netflix, and I have so many laugh out loud moments, not only because of the wacky characters...Tom Haverford, April Ludgate (aka. Janet Snakehole), Andy Dwyer (aka. Bert Macklin, FBI), Donna, Jerry...but because I love my home state of Indiana, and I love how they try to paint her in a positive light while making fun.

    You know I don't like Rashida Jones' character, and Rob Lowe's character is "literally" my least favorite on that show.

    some good Ron Swanson links...

    http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/the-ron-swanson-guide-to-food/

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDHui1BZYA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just recently discovered the greatness of "Parks and Rec" as well. I don't know what held me back. I think I watched the first few episodes and didn't love it. But I started recording it again and it's so hilarious.

      Yep. Ron Swanson is excellent.

      Delete
  2. This just brightened a rather dismal Monday. My love for Stabler knows no bounds. Wow. I am such a creeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think you're a creeper! You should have seen me looking up photos of Christopher Meloni. Good Lord that man is a manly hunka hunka burning love. What? Yes, I am ashamed that I just used that phrase.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.