Tuesday, February 14, 2012

29-Day TV Challenge: Favorite Female Character

Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock.  

Huffington Post described Liz Lemon as "the heroine of every bespectacled, sweats-wearing, junk-food-noshing, boy-chasing, pop-culture-loving, smart-girl nerd everywhere."

Um, I don't wear glasses.  That is all.

Liz Lemon is my spirit animal. Here are just a few of the reasons why:

1. She has a pretend boyfriend (Astronaut Mike Dexter) with whom real men can never compete.

2. She rolls her eyes a lot.

3. She's a fan of Oprah.

4. She hates the word "lovers."
5. She refuses to let Valentine's Day win.



Here's a sampling of more great quotes:


"I'm not one of those girls who does weird stuff in bed because they think they have to."


“Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn’t mean I don’t love America?”


“Hey, nerds! Who’s got two thumbs, speaks limited French, and hasn’t cried once today? [pointing thumbs at self] This moi.”


How you doin?
"Here’s one, when I was a kid, I used to put on my fanciest nightgown and then I would mix orange soda and cream soda in a champagne glass and I would sit in the dark and watch The Love Boat. Consequently I have some weird sexual fantasy stuff about Gopher from The Love Boat.”


"My heart’s pounding like I’m watching Oprah’s farewell season."


"Ain't no party like a Liz Lemon party 'cause a Liz Lemon party is mandatory." 

Runners Up:

Lauren Graham as anyone on any show.

Bea Arthur as Dorothy on The Golden Girls

2 comments:

  1. What the WHAT!?!

    I would say Liz Lemon is my favorite too. I love when she calls the Co-Op board incessantly.

    Actually, I agree with you totally on Liz and Lorelai Gilmore. I love Lauren Graham as Lorelai...not really a fan of Parenthood.

    My old school runner up would be Julia Sugarbaker from Designing Women. I LOVE her rants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was looking through the rest of the challenge questions to see if there's a place to post Julia's "Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" rant. That is so classic!

      I really like Lauren Graham on Parenthood but I think it's because I relate so much (single mom, an ex who was unreliable, etc.). The only thing I do not have is a cute, young boyfriend, dammit.

      P.S. I posted a .gif on the post right after this one (Singles Awareness Day) that is just for you. : )

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.