Monday, November 7, 2011

BYOB, Little Kitty

It's that time of year again when families start working out the logistics of spending the holidays together, gorging themselves on turkey and dressing and potatoes and pie...and booze, sweet, sweet nectar of the gods.

Today, my stepmother sent an email to me, my sister, my brother-in-law, my brothers, and my sister-in-law. She forwarded it from her brother, who had sent it to each of his siblings (let's call them the elder generation). It's a point-by-point list of items concerning an upcoming gathering to be held the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

This is number four:

4. If you have specific drinking needs (I'm looking at you, [name removed to protect innocent drinker]), you should bring your own.

"Specific drinking needs" is my new favorite phrase.

Number five is pretty good, too.

5. Even if you can't come, invite your kids as we probably would want to see them more than you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.